Thursday, August 20, 2009

The First Day

This is something that I have wanted to do for awhile and today I finally just decided to go for it. I figured, new semester, new challenges. Hopefully this will be a constructive writing project to complement my academic challenges in the Fall 2009.

On that note, a bit about myself - I am a junior in college majoring in Creative Writing. I have just returned from a semester abroad in Oxfordshire, England studying literature. The purpose of this blog is both a creative vent/mode of inspiration for my often-writer's-blocked mind as well as an outlet for my obsessive passion for music. I am aware that there are probably a million music blogs out there by emo teenagers and pop fans, but I hope that this can be more than that. I can't promise that I won't lapse into angst-filled rants occasionally, but I will definitely try to stay on topic. This is not an outlet like LiveJournal where I'll talk about boys and school and parents. Basically, I want to tie the two biggest passions of my life: writing & music.

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic already. Let's just hope I don't cop out and forget about this thing. My mentality for this semester is all about ACCOMPLISHMENT. That means "finishing tasks." For instance, I've written an entire novel (takes a bow) but I have yet to edit it. This semester is all about dispelling that kind of complacency.

So, if anyone is actually reading this, I hope you'll stick with me and are at least vaguely interested.

Happy reading (and listening, if you choose to follow along with the music I'll be talking about.)

Cheers!
Emily Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment