Saturday, February 6, 2010

Looking Back

So, since I didn't blog for so long, we're going to take a glance back at what I didn't cover. Like the Grammy's last week. I'm not even going to say anything about who won what, because most of the artists that I love weren't even nominated (when Coheed and Cambria gets a Grammy, let me know) but I will say this: a lot of the performances were epic!

Top 3 Performances - Grammy's 2010
1) Pink - "Glitter in the Air"
2) Lady Gaga & Elton John - "Speechless"
3) Green Day and the cast of American Idiot the musical - "21 Guns"

If you didn't see any of these performances, I can't tell you how much you need to YouTube them or something. Pink's was especially phenomenal - she literally did glitter in the air, suspended above the stage in a nearly-nude body suit and sparkling heels. (Watch out, Lady Gaga! You have a contender for performance style here.)

Another topic that I never got around to was the end-of-2009 stuff. Rolling Stone came out with their “Top Such and Such of the Decade” issue, and I hated it, mostly because they chose really terrible stuff, and also because they CHEATED, because they listed multiple albums and/or songs for an artist. (Which I don’t think is fair.) So I made my own Best Albums of 2009 List, and I cheated, too. So there, Rolling Stone. See ya! (Also, RS lost more points in my eyes, because they put stupid John Mayer on the cover of their latest issue. To quote a friend and fellow JM-hater: “He makes me want to cut my ears off.”) But I made it super obvious by putting Coheed and Cambria as 1 and 2. No surprises there!

(And if I messed up and any of these albums are actually not from this decade...too bad. It's the decade I discovered them in, regardless.)

Emily Noel’s Top 50 Albums of the Decade:
1. Good Apollo, I’m Burning Star IV: Volume 1: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness – Coheed and Cambria
2. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 – Coheed and Cambria
3. Two Rights Don’t Make a Left But Three Do – Relient K
4. The Black Parade – My Chemical Romance
5. The Great Burrito Extortion Case – Bowling For Soup
6. Everything in Transit – Jack’s Mannequin
7. Five Score and Seven Years Ago – Relient K
8. A Hangover You Don’t Deserve – Bowling For Soup
9. Move Along – All-American Rejects
10. Day & Age – The Killers
11. Folie a Deux – Fall Out Boy
12. Transatlanticism – Death Cab for Cutie
13. Underclass Hero – Sum 41
14. One of the Boys – Katy Perry
15. The Fame Monster – Lady Gaga
16. Boys Like Girls – Boys Like Girls
17. From Under the Cork Tree – Fall Out Boy
18. American Idiot – Green Day
19. Stay Positive – The Hold Steady
20. You’re Awful, I Love You – Ludo
21. Fun House – Pink
22. Absolution – Muse
23. Still Not Getting Any – Simple Plan
24. Take Offs and Landings – Rilo Kiley
25. Almost Here – The Academy Is…
26. All the Right Reasons – Nickelback
27. No Pads, No Helmets…Just Balls – Simple Plan
28. Stadium Arcadium – Red Hot Chili Peppers
29. The Airborne Toxic Event – The Airborne Toxic Event
30. Almost Human – Voltaire
31. This Gigantic Robot Kills – MC Lars
32. The Beautiful Letdown – Switchfoot
33. Louder Now – Taking Back Sunday
34. Extreme Behavior – Hinder
35. How to Save a Life – The Fray
36. Leaving Through the Window – Something Corporate
37. So Long, Astoria – The Ataris
38. Away From the Sun – 3 Doors Down
39. Remember Right Now – Spitalfield
40. Eager to Please – The Leftovers
41. Dreaming Out Loud – Onerepublic
42. Hopes and Fears – Keane
43. Two Lights – Five for Fighting
44. The Story and the Song – Between the Trees
45. Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge - My Chemical Romance
46. In Love and Death - The Used
47. All the Stars and Boulevards – Augustana
48. Ocean Eyes - Owl City
49. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out – Panic! at the Disco
50. Take Off Your Pants and Jacket - Blink-182

Okay, that's enough of that.

Have a great weekend!
Emily Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment