Friday, June 18, 2010

Most Mismatched Music Video EVER.

So at this point in Summer 2010, I can assume the majority of you have heard Katy Perry's new single "California Gurls." (And if you haven't...well, get on that.) It's a great summer jam in my opinion, but then again I'm biased because I'm in love with Katy Perry.

But the recently-released "California Gurls" music video kind of blows my mind. "Candyfornia"? Let's be real. I mean, as much as I love watching Katy Perry put on half a dozen candy-themed outfits while Snoop Dogg detracts from the quality of the song in the background, I don't really see the correlation between California and a Katy Perry-themed version of the Candyland board game. But even though it seems ridiculous, I couldn't hate it because Katy's got even more pep and sparkle in this video. She may not be a show-stopper like Gaga, but she's got her own look, her own vibe, her own moves. Not to mention the quality - lollipops morphing into snakes, cotton candy clouds, incredible costumes - is pretty impressive. The video is cute, Katy's just as hot as ever, and the song is still a great beach tune for the summer no matter which coast you're on.

Happy Friday!
Emily Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment