Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well, It's Been Awhile - Happy Summer 2010!

Alright, I admit defeat when it comes to this blog. I haven't given up on it entirely, but my priorities have shifted, for sure. This year taught me a lot, and one thing it taught me is that I don't want to write for a music magazine. At least not right now. Actually, I don't really know what I want to do with my life at all - this year erased all prior notions for some reason - but my point is, I've been focusing more on my fiction writing these past few months, which is why the blog has been so neglected.

Anyway, I'm not doing a full-scale review right now, but I've had a lot of songs rolling around my brain for this last glorious month of this summer, so I figured I'd post a list of what I've been listening to, in case anyone is curious or is just looking for new music. =] Enjoy!

(PS - These are not all new songs that I've discovered, some I've known for a long time, it's just that they're relevant to this summer and what I've been listening to lately.)

My Summer 2010 Playlist (So Far)
"Devil in Jersey City" - Coheed and Cambria
"Constructive Summer" - The Hold Steady
"Be Calm" - Fun.
"Starlett Johansson" - The Teenagers
"Walcott" - Vampire Weekend
"Girls in Their Summer Clothes" - Bruce Springsteen
"At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used To Be)" - Fun.
"The End" - John Wesley Harding
"Majoring in Minors" - Sugarcult
"Atlantic City" - Bruce Springsteen
"Horchata" - Vampire Weekend
"Walking the Dog" - Fun.
"Wheel of Fortune" - The Teenagers
"Hey Soul Sister" - Train
"Get Out of My Head" - The Leftovers
"Summerboy" - Lady Gaga
"California Gurls" - Katy Perry
"Run Away" - Skyfox
"Banditos" - Refreshments

And that's about it for now...but hopefully I'll remember the blog a bit more often this summer and do some actual reviews.

Happy Thursday!
Emily Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment